Executive Program Director
Old Skool Cafe (OSC) is a faith-based, violence prevention program that provides job training,
employment, and a second chance at life by way of a jazz restaurant run by at-risk, formerly incarcerated, and foster care youth ages 16-22.
The Executive Program Director (EPD) is a key member of the OSC leadership team, leading the overall program that includes youth development activities and a restaurant that serves as the platform for youth training and mentoring. With full support from the leadership team, the EPD manages the integrated program and restaurant operations, providing the leadership necessary to ensure quality, effectiveness, and the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. The EPD oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the program-restaurant including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
The critical deciding factor for an EPD to join OSC will be the fit with the vision, mission, and values of the organization. We are seeking a professional with a broad skill set in management and the passion to use those skills to make life-long impact in the lives of youth.
To this end the EPD will primarily:
• Manage the program-restaurant staff as a cohesive, integrated team. Promote a teaching
and learning environment; lead, train, motivate and mentor adult and youth staff.
• Supervise program-restaurant team and provide leadership through effective coaching,
training, objective setting, feedback, recognition, delegation, and communication (Being an
effective, organized, and detail-oriented manager is key to your success).
• Since our program is centered on an evening supper club, be present at the restaurant
during open hours including closing (completed by 10:30pm) Tuesday - Saturday.
• Model and maintain a level of service and hospitality that proudly reflects the core values of
the organization and implement all policies, procedures, standards, specifications,
guidelines and training programs; be a dynamic leader and role model.
• In collaboration with the OSC leadership team, recruit, interview and select well-qualified
• Ensure all program-restaurant staff receives orientation and appropriate training in
accordance with organizational standards.
• Manage the implementation of a performance management process for program-restaurant
staff that includes monitoring performance on an on-going basis and conducting an annual
• Achieve set objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of managers and creating a positive, productive working environment.
• Maintain a positive relationship and facilitate open lines of communication among the entire program-restaurant team.
• Maintain professional image of restaurant, including proper uniforms and appearance.
Reporting to the COO, the EPD directly manages the Assistant Manager, Chef, and the Youth Development Manager, and has overall supervisory responsibility for all program-restaurant staff.
Company Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
● Willingness to embrace and cultivate a culture conducive to positive youth development.
● Commitment to the double bottom line of positive financial and social outcomes of Old Skool Café as a thriving social enterprise.
● Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
● Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
● Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
● Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
We’re looking for a uniquely gifted leader who is curious, very teachable, highly professional, humble and confident, emotionally intelligent, and spiritually mature. And since this position requires a broad base of skills and experience, the professional qualifications we’re looking for are:
• A Bachelor's degree in social work, business, or hospitality. Equivalent professional experience will also be considered.
• Five (5) or more years experience working in a management position for a program or organization serving at-risk youth.
• Ideally three (3) or more years experience in restaurant, hospitality, or related business.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, development and task facilitation.
• Experience training, mentoring and motivating youth with no prior work experience.
• Solid budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
Old Skool Café (OSC) offers a positive, meaningful work environment that values each person’s uniqueness and contribution. At OSC, you will make a positive and lasting difference in the world. OSC also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage, retirement benefits, generous paid time off, and numerous professional development opportunities.
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume in Word or PDF format. Please send to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
No telephone calls, please.