Old Skool Cafe (OSC) is a faith-based, violence prevention program that provides job training,
employment, and a second chance at life by way of a jazz restaurant run by at-risk, formerly incarcerated, and foster care youth ages 16-22.
The Bartender will provide an excellent guest experience by delivering a consistently high level of customer service to each customer while mixing all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum. Exceeding customer’s needs and expectations, the Bartender will develop an efficient work pace that keeps the customers at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times, and will maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout
the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally.
The critical deciding factor for a Bartender to join OSC will be the fit with the vision, mission, and
values of the organization. We are seeking a trustworthy professional with a solid skill set in bar
management, including mixing, garnishing, and serving drinks, as well as bringing a positive
attitude and excellent communication skills to the role.
To this end the Bartender will primarily:
• Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons.
• Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks.
• Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations.
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
• Record drink orders accurately into register system; process transactions using the POS
• Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
• Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
• Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
• Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
• Ensure proper safety and sanitation.
• Maintain professional image of restaurant, including proper uniforms and appearance.
Old Skool Café (OSC) offers a positive, meaningful work environment that values each person’s
uniqueness and contribution. At OSC, you will make a positive and lasting difference in the world.
OSC also offers a competitive compensation ($13/hr plus tips) and benefits package including
health, vision, and dental coverage, generous paid time off, and numerous professional
Please send a resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bartender”
in the subject line.
Position open until filled. No telephone calls, please.
We’re looking for a Bartender who is curious, very teachable, highly professional, humble and
confident, emotionally intelligent, and spiritually mature.
The professional qualifications we’re looking for are:
• Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks.
• Working knowledge of spirits, wine, beer, and standard drink recipes.
• Understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishments.
• Working knowledge of bar equipment.
• Knowledge and education in mixology an advantage.
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean.
• Relevant training certificate.
• Computer literacy.
Reporting to the EPD, the AM assists the EPD in overall supervisory responsibility for restaurant operations staff, specifically supervising the Floor Manager and Bartender.
Company Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
● Willingness to embrace and cultivate a culture conducive to positive youth development.
● Commitment to the double bottom line of positive financial and social outcomes of Old Skool Café as a thriving social enterprise.
● Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
● Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
● Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
● Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.